Monday, June 14, 2010

Catching Up

I can't seem to catch up with the calendar these days.  In my head, I've just started June, but realized that tomorrow is tax day and that means the month is half gone and I haven't posted any art work for a while.  I have finished an acrylic/mixed media painting finally after several fits and starts.  It looks totally different from the concept I had when I started.  I guess that happens to other people also ... it's so encouraging to read other blogs and see that others sometimes get a block or change directions. At right is a photo of the original.  Bad lighting, but you get the idea..    I used fluid acrylics, modeling paste for texture, and a transfer.  Does anyone recognize the wide eyebrow?  I call the painting "My Muse". 





I like this photo that I did with my iPhone using the cool photo apps that let you add effects, frames, etc.  The app I used for this one was "Camera +" and the effect is called "Purple Haze".  It's much more mysterious than the original.

8 comments:

  1. i've got to get on the apps train! it is so much fun to play with images like that! your original is quite cool, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're both great. The transfer of that great eye(brow) gives it the mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the original (orange) though photo effects are really fun to play with.

    Is it just me, or do others, find her a bit eerie? I mean, the way she seems to be staring with that single eye.

    The eyebrow, no. Will you tell us?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe "creepy" was the word another friend used. It's Frida Kahlo. This was inspired by reading "The Lacuna". She was an amazing artist and her life story is very interesting and I want to learn more about her. I ordered the biopic from Netflix but haven't watched it yet. I'm afraid it's depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both beautiful and mysterious- wonderful use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think she's creepy, but that eye definitely holds your attention. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. The orange is spectacular.
    I read The Lacuna as well and loved it. I'll have to check out the bio from Netflix too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great! Almost makes me want an IPhone. Love the purple haze.

    ReplyDelete