Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cute stocking stuffers

Did you ever search your pocket or purse for a piece of paper and have none?  In the mail art package I received last month from Eileen, the Artful Crafter, were a couple of packets of sticky notes in cute paper holders that she made.  They are assembled like matchbook covers, with sticky notes instead of matches inside. What a great idea!  So I was inspired to make some as little Christmas gifts.

Using Photoshop, I scanned a couple of drawings from my nature journal and made the cover design, adding some swirly brushes to the background and text greetings.  Then I printed them in color and cut and assembled them, using a bit of stick-on Velcro to make them close and hold.  For complete instructions, Eileen's tutorial can be found at Scorit.com.

5 comments:

  1. What a fab idea, and your bird drawings make absolutely delightful covers! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet and what a great idea! I know what you mean about never having that paper! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and they turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, Joyce. I'm glad you liked the idea ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely & useful. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete