Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Long Spring

I apologize to my blogging friends for such a long hiatus.  No problems here, but have just been using my left brain (organizational skills) for the work that earns enough to keep me in art supplies, and my right brain (creativity) has taken a back seat.  Yes, my experience has led me to ascribe to the theory that part of the brain or way of thinking can dominate and crowd out the other side.  I find it hard to keep the creativity going when I am working at my job, which requires using organizational skills to plan events and keep track of all the logistical stuff. 

Here's a painting that I started in April -- another version of the Spring meadow scene in Barbour County, WV, that I painted with a palette knife at Artiscape. This time, I painted a much larger canvas and used my regular techniques with acrylics on a textured surface. 

2 comments:

  1. It's good to see you again! I know how that left brain is--wants to control everything. :)Pretty picture you have there, perfect sky. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gals gotta do what a gals gotta do. Lovely painting. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete