Saturday, February 13, 2010

Nature Journal

One of my goals for 2010 is to keep a nature journal.  This involves sketching and watercolors, two art techniques that are very difficult for me, and therefore, something I need to practice.  I was introduced to this concept by a friend who is a Master Naturalist and has been doing a journal for several years.  I was inspired by looking at her wonderful sketches that came from her observation of the plants and animals through the different months of the year and places she visited.  I challenged myself to learn to draw by starting my own nature journal this year, and I started with the winter birds visiting the feeders on my deck.  Here is the first page that I did.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this idea! It has inspired me to do this too. I go to our Upper Park every day and see many things worthy of sketching. I'm not great at sketching and need the practice.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete